Wednesday 14 April 2010

Taylor Swift Dazzles In Vogue


On sparkly dresses: 'I just love them. Especially onstage, because I think it's kind of fun when the spotlight hits you and your dress, for a millisecond, blinds people.' Taylor calls herself a 'spillover artist', her music fills up country radio until it spills over into pop..

..and then up and over again into adult contemporary. Because of this, she's had the best run at the top of the charts of any artist in a decade. At 20, she is the youngest person ever to win the Grammy for Album of the Year.


Her new album will be very personal, but it will be about being 20, not 16: 'I don't think I could put on a new character for two years of my life if it wasn't really what I was going through. I have these formulas for making music; they're almost mathematical: Who are you today? What did you write about in your diary? What idea hit you at 4:00 A.M.?'

Taylor still eats at Cracker Barrel and shops at Urban Outfitters: 'Looking back on what these past two years have been for me, it feels like this magical dream of, Really? We toured all over the world? We played an arena in London? This is happening? Readjusting my goals and dreams has been something I've had to do a lot lately